A travelling exhibition
- Everglades Historic House & Gardens, Leura NSW: May 2018
- Retford Park, Bowral NSW: open days June, July, August 2018
A year shooting Everglades
For over a year I photographed Everglades, a National Trust of Australia (NSW) property overlooking the Jamison Valley in the Blue Mountains. Transitions was an exhibition of this work. As well as shooting through all seasons and weather conditions, I included archival materials in the exhibition, including passages from Paul Sorensen’s diary (1930’s), the garden’s creator. As well as an exhibition, there is also a book by the same name, available at the Everglades Shop.
- Transitions opening at Everglades was Saturday 5 May 2018. See the photos here (Blue Mountains Gazette).
- The TRUST magazine, A Year of Change, writer Jennifer Stackhouse (issue no. 4, 2018).
- Blue Mountains Life Magazine, Shooting a Portrait Becomes a Year-Long Photographic Project at Everglades, (April-May2018).
- iMag Blue Mountains, Changes Over Seasons and Years, May (p. 13).
I feel that Tracy has managed to capture the heart and soul of this historic site. Each image manages to communicate the personality of the property itself. In some images, the wonderful aesthetics and design dominate. In others, Tracy manages to convey what it feels like to stand alone amongst its eighty year history, to experience the first rays of sun throwing shadows across the long manicured lawns, or to watch the gardens disappear into the darkness at the end of the day.
Scott Pollock, Manager of Everglades Historic House & Gardens, 2009 – 2017, then Manager of Retford Park